We all agree hardwood flooring is beautiful. But we experience difficulty in terms of cleaning. Little wonder the increasing need to get the best wet dry vacuum for hardwood floors.
Usually, you would sweep up dirt and then mop when cleaning your hardwood floors. And that’s the beauty of a wet and dry vacuum for hardwood floors.
You may be wondering, “Do you need a vacuum for hardwood floors?” Of course. There’s nothing quite like clean hardwood floors free of debris, whether dry or wet.
Does vacuum work on hardwood floors? You bet it does. Unlike regular vacuums, you get a vacuum that won’t scratch hardwood floors and reduce stress while saving you time.
Not every vacuum cleaner available is a vacuum designated for hardwood floors. And there are lots of individual brands and products in the market. That’s why we picked out the best hardwood floor vacuums for you.
How To Know The Best Wet Dry Vacuums For Hardwood Floors: Expert’s Evaluation
The truth is, any vacuum can clean your hardwood floors. However, a vacuum designated for hardwood floors will do the job a lot better. Meaning, you can suck up dirt and mop your floors simultaneously without damaging the wood.
So, the best wet dry vac for hardwood floors should come with soft-bristle brushes. Or either allow you to turn off the spinning brush roll or not have a brush roll at all.
A great vacuum for hardwood floors will have excellent and effective suction, particularly for working in tight corners and spaces. Look out for the ones that are easily maneuverable and have a lightweight build.
The best cordless vacuums are equipped with reasonable battery run-time. Therefore, cordless vacuum cleaners are a good alternative if you have a larger home.
Also, quality wet/dry vacuums do not take up a lot of storage. Some models have a docking station. Reduced noise options are also now available due to innovative designs.
Any good mopping vacuum must be easily uncoupled for cleaning and reassembled for reuse. A durable build ensures you get value and lasting usage for your money. In addition, all separate attachments should be of high quality.
Top 5 Best Wet Dry Vacuums For Hardwood Floors Comparison
|Top||BISSELL, 2554A CrossWave Cordless Max All in One Wet-Dry Vacuum Cleaner and Mop for Hard Floors and Area Rugs, Black/Pearl White with Electric Blue Accents||2554A||Limited 2 years.||Check Price|
|TopTop||Bissell Crosswave Pet Pro All in One Wet Dry Vacuum Cleaner and Mop for Hard Floors and Area Rugs, 2306A||2306A||3 year limited.||Check Price|
|Top||BISSELL Crosswave All in One Wet Dry Vacuum Cleaner and Mop for Hard Floors and Area Rugs, 1785A, Green||1785A||2 years.||Check Price|
|Top||Hoover FloorMate Deluxe Hard Floor Cleaner Machine, Wet Dry Vacuum, FH40160PC, Silver||FH40160PC||2 years.||Check Price|
|Top||Hoover ONEPWR Cordless FloorMate Jet Hard Floor Cleaner, Wet Vacuum, BH55210A, White||BH55210A||N/A||Check Price|
Our Top 3+ Best Wet Dry Vacuums For Hardwood Floors
1. BISSELL CrossWave Cordless Max All in One Wet Dry Vacuum Cleaner
BISSELL has credible experience in making premium cleaning products. That’s why we make the CrossWave Cordless Max our best cordless wet dry vacuum for hardwood floors.
With a 36V lithium-ion battery, you get 30 minutes of cordless cleaning power and clean easily throughout your home while. Improved edge cleaning helps you clean messes in corners and along baseboards.
The cleaner separates clean and dirty water with the two-tank Technology. In addition, the Cross Wave Cordless Max’s self-cleaning cycle cleans the brush roll and inside the tool. Hence there’s less clean-up after cleaning.
They have 2 Multi-Surface Trial Formulas, 2 Hard Floor Tough Mess + Odor Eliminator Trial Formulas, and 2 Multi-Surface Brush Rolls. In addition, Bissell proudly supports the Bissell pet foundation and its mission to help save homeless pets. So, if you buy any BISSELL product, you’re helping to save pets.
- A wider range of movement while cleaning
- Few tank changeovers due to bigger capacity
- Lithium-ion battery guarantees up to 30 minutes of operation
- It may be difficult to clean a larger area since it has a battery life of 30 minutes.
- Every Bissell purchase helps save pets. Bissell proudly supports Bissell pet foundation and its mission to help save homeless pets.
- Vacuum and wash your floors at the same time with cordless freedom.
- Up to 30 minutes of cordless cleaning power with a 36V lithium ion battery.
- Improved edge cleaning to easily pick-up pet hair that gathers along baseboards and in corners of your home.
- Multi-surface cleaning means its safe for use on tile, sealed wood floors, rugs, laminate, linoleum, rubber floor mats, pressed wood floors, and more. It even refreshes area rugs
- Self-cleaning cycle helps maintain machines cleaning performance. Cleaning path width: 10.5 inch
- Two-tank technology keeps clean water and formula separate from dirty water and dry debris.
- Wi-Fi connected capabilities and the Bissell connect app provide helpful alerts, maintenance tracking and usage tips.
- Enabled with dash replenishment to make brush, filter, and crosswave formula ordering easy and automatic
2. BISSELL Crosswave Pet Pro All in One Wet Dry Vacuum Cleaner and Mop
Here is another quality product from BISSELL. This tool comes with two tangle-free brush rolls, two Pet Multi-Surface with Febreze Formulas, and a Docking Tray. The tangle-free brush roll minimizes the wrapping of pet hair on the brush roll and getting tangled while cleaning.
You can separate pet hair and other large debris from a liquid using the pet strainer. The separation reduces sink clogging. In addition, the pet formula reduces any odors from pet messes while giving you the freshness of Febreze.
- Included pet formula minimizes pet odors
- It is suitable for various surface types
- Great design and attachments
- Not suitable for cleaning large areas
- Less suction power than regular carpet cleaners
- Buy BISSELL, Save Pets. For each purchase of this pet product, you can activate a $10 donation from BISSELL to BISSELL Pet Foundation.
- Vacuum and wash your floors at the same time, making every day pet mess cleaning quick and easy.
- CrossWave Pet Pro multi-surface cleaner is safe and effective for use on tile, sealed wood floors, carpet, rugs, laminate, linoleum, rubber floor mats, pressed wood floors, and more.
- Take care of pet messes the BISSELL way. The CrossWave Pet Pro includes a Tangle-Free Brush Roll, Pet Hair Strainer and a Multi-Surface Pet Formula with Febreze Freshness. Minimize pet hair from wrapping around the brush roll, separate large debris from the liquid to reduce sink clogging and reduce pet odors in one clean.
- Two-Tank Technology keeps clean water and formula separate from dirty water and dry debris. Forever clean pet messes with a fresh solut
3. BISSELL Crosswave All in One Wet Dry Vacuum Cleaner
The BISSELLCrossWave 1785A is an all-in-one vacuum cleaner. It is one of the best wet dry vacuums for hardwood floors. This tool vacuums and washes your hardwood floors in one easy step. It’s also safe for tile, sealed wood floors, laminate, linoleum, rubber floor mats, pressed wood floors, area rugs, and more.
BISSELL’s Two-Tank Technology ensures the cleaning solution and dirty water are in separate containers. In addition, the Dual-Action Brush Roll and innovative multi-surface cleaning solution combo make cleaning better and faster.
- Easy to clean and store between uses
- It has two tanks; one for the dirty water and the other for fresh cleaning water
- Lightweight design
- Swivel steering for better maneuvering
- Smaller tank capacity
- Requires slower movements while cleaning
- Vacuums And washes your floors at the same time; surface type: bare floors
- Multi Surface Machine Cleans Both Sealed Hard Floors And Area Rugs. Power Rating 4.4 Amperes
- Dual Action Multi Surface Brush Roll Uses An Innovative Microfiber And Nylon Brush To Mop And Pick Up Dry Debris At The Same Time
- Two Tank System Keeps Cleaning Solution And Dirty Water Separate To Ensure That YouRe Always Cleaning With A Fresh Mix Of Water And Formula
- Smart Touch Controls On The Handle Allow You To Easily Switch Between Cleaning Hard Floors And Area Rugs And Control Your Solution With An On Demand Solution Trigger
- Capacity: 0.4
- Power source type: Corded Elect
4. Hoover FloorMate Deluxe Wet Dry Vacuum Cleaner Machine
Hoover is yet another well-established floor-care brand. Notably, the FloorMate Deluxe vacuum cleaner is affordable compared to the other products we’ve considered. In addition, the dual tanks in this wet/dry vacuum prevent the mixing of dirty and clean water.
Stubborn stains and heavy traffic areas get treatment using the fingertip control, which applies extra detergent. Hoover’s signature SpinScrub Technology comes with counter-rotating brushes. It safely washes and scrubs hard floors from all angles for an all-around deep clean.
- Two-tank system for both soiled and clean water
- You can easily move it around because it is Lightweight
- Suitable for multiple surfaces
- Relatively short power cord
- Swivel steering is not featured
- HARDWOOD, LAMINATE, VINYL, AND TILE CLEANER: SpinScrub Brushes deliver the Best clean while gently and safely scrubbing sealed wood, vinyl, tile and grout
- DUAL TANK TECHNOLOGY: Keeps clean and dirty water separate so you never put dirty water back on the floor
- WASH-DRY MODE: Selection Wash mode uses brushes to clean while suctioning up excess water while dry mode stops brushes to suction up excess water and improve drying time. Motor Volts : 120 Volts
- FINGERTIP CONTROL: Clean Boost Control fingertip control applies extra detergent to stains and heavy traffic areas
- LIGHTWEIGHT: At under 14 pounds, the Floor Mate is easy to lift and carry, even up and down sta
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
Q. What Makes The Difference Between A Dry And Wet Vacuum Cleaner?
A. Wet vacuum cleaners allow you to clean up liquid spills and stains. They are mainly waterproof and generally designed for heavy-duty jobs. However, they are effective for household cleaning activities.
On the other hand, dry vacuum cleaners suck away dry dirt and dust. Using them for liquids will cause damage to the tool. They are suitable to work on carpets and hard floors, as well as furniture and upholstery.
Q. What Is The Best Wet Dry Vacuum For Hardwood Floors And Carpets?
A. The BISSELL Crosswave All in One Wet Dry Vacuum Cleaner is our top best hardwood floor vacuum.
Q. Do Vacuums Damage Hardwood Floors?
A. If you’re using a regular vacuum, you might scratch your hardwood floors. A hardwood floor vacuum is a better option.
Q. Why Is My Floor Still Black After Mopping?
A. There are several reasons. One is if you break the first crucial step of mopping: sweep/vacuum before mopping. Or not even using the right floor cleaning products. Also, there’s probably a lot of foot traffic leading to dirt build-up.
Another reason is forgetting to rinse your mop before reapplying it while mopping. What happens then is you’re spreading dust and dirt all around on the floor, not cleaning it up.
However, in the case of tougher stains, it might be better to use a scrub brush.
Q. How Often Should Floors Be Mopped?
A. At least once a week to maintain them properly, especially in high-traffic areas of your home.
Q. What Happens If I Never Clean My Floors?
A. Your floors will harbor a lot of dust mites. These could trigger severe allergies and cause breathing issues.
In addition, you risk allowing mold to grow in moist places. As a result, you’ll end up getting sick and unhealthy.
A significant benefit of any hardwood floor vacuum is it greatly reduces your home cleaning stress.
So, stop sweeping and stash your mops away. Because with a wet-dry vacuum for hardwood floors, no dirt is here to stay.
You May Also Interested to Read:
1. 7 Best Different Types of Table Saw Blades for Cutting Plywood and Ripping Hardwood, Metal, Plastic and Laminate Flooring
2. 11+ Best Orbital Sander For Wood, Furniture, Deck, and Metal Sanding – Reviews And Buying Guide
3. 13+ Best Tools For Cutting Tree Branches For Lawn Care and Tree Services Professional
4. 15+ Best Table Saw Safety Devices, Guards, Tools, and Accessories