A circular saw is one of the most versatile tools that you need if you are a professional or a DIYer. However, not everyone has the luxury of using an expensive and high-end circular saw.
Maybe you are looking for an affordable circular saw with some basic features to start with. I have provided you with the best budget circular saws under $100 that will be a great investment.
These are amazing tools for DIYers or beginners who are on a budget. The fact that these saws come at a lower price doesn’t mean that they don’t work well. In fact, you will be amazed at their cutting performance.
Check my circular saw reviews and guide so that you can make the right decision.
The 7 top Rated Best Budget Circular Saws under $100 Reviews
I researched the market to provide you with quality and affordable circular saws that meet your needs. The following are some best circular saw for beginners today. The saws offer a wide range of features and they perform well in terms of amperage and cutting performance.
Check their individual reviews to help you pick the right saw that will meet your requirements.
#1 Milwaukee M18 2630-20 18 Volt Lithium Ion 6-1/2″ 3,500 RPM Cordless Circular Saw
This is one of the best budget cordless circular saw that is suitable for woodworking tasks. The saw is comfortable to use because it is designed with a soft grip handle that offers great comfort.
So, if you are working in slippery places, you can be sure of better control. This circular saw features easy depth and bevel adjustments.
You can achieve depth adjustment of up to 1-1/2 inches and bevel adjustments of 45 degrees. Therefore, you will enjoy great cutting versatility. This cordless tool works well with Milwaukee lithium-ion batteries.
Another great aspect of this saw is that it is safe to use. It is equipped with electronic brakes that stop the blade faster when you are through with cutting. Therefore, no wasting much time as you want for the blade to stop spinning.
On top of that, it features magnesium guards at the top and bottom of the blade to protect it from various impacts like drops or bumps. This gives you a safe tool.
- Material: Metal, plastic
- Size: 2630-20
- Weight: 9.05 pounds
- Dimension: 8 x 12.2 x 10 inches
- Great tool that offers smooth cuts
- It is safe to use
- Allows you to achieve versatile cuts
- Has a comfortable handle
- Features a durable construction
- It is compatible with M18 lithium-ion batteries
- Better if the saw was ergonomic
- The batteries don’t last long
This is the best cordless circular saw that provides an exemplary performance. The tool provides accurate and smooth cuts and it is also versatile. It is packed with many safety features to keep you safe when you are handling your projects. The saw is easy to use and it is durable enough to last for many years. Considering the price of this circular saw, you can’t ask for more.
#2 Rockwell RK3441K 4-1/2″ Compact Circular Saw
Working with a compact circular saw makes your work easier. Not only do you get better control but also comfort when working. The Rockwell is a powerful model that is designed with 5 amp electric motor.
The motor provides a great performance with a speed of 3500 rpm which makes it perfect for a wide range of applications.
This is one of the lightest circular saws that you will find on the market. It weighs 5 lbs making it lighter than other models that measure 7-1/4 inches. The saw can cut through materials measuring 2x4s in just one single pass.
The blade on the saw is located on the left side which provides cut-line visibility when you are working. Additionally, the tool is equipped with a slim inline grip that offers more comfort and balance when you are cutting.
- Material: Wood, Drywall, Plywood Saw
- Power Source: Corded-electric
- Voltage: 120 volts
- Weight: 5 pounds
- Dimension: 18.2 x 4.2 x 6.9 inches
- Provides great comfort and balance
- Lightweight and compact tool
- Provides you with more speed for faster cuts
- Equipped with a 5 amp electric motor for more power
- You can transport and maneuver the saw
- Poor bolt that secures the blade
- Complaints of safety hazard
This is an affordable circular saw that works perfectly on wood. It is equipped with a thinner and smaller blade to offer less motor strain and effort. This lightweight tool is easy to carry around and it also provides you with simple maneuverability. It has a high-performance blade to offer precise and smooth cuts. The saw is also comfortable to use so you can enjoy great performance without fatigue.
#3 DEWALT DC390B 6-1/2-Inch 18-Volt Cordless Circular Saw
Get the dewalt circular saw if you want to achieve faster cross and rip cuts. This tool provides a cutting speed of 3700 rpm making it very convenient to use in woodworking tasks. It is equipped with a 6- 11/2 inch carbide blade that maintains its sharp edge for long to offer smooth and accurate cuts.
When it comes to durability, the saw features high strength magnesium, shoe combined with an upper guard that offers longer life. You can use the tool for a wide range of applications because it provides a bevel capacity of up to 0-50 degrees.
The circular saw also features a fan-cooled motor that has replacement brushes to offer more power and longer use. This rip cut circular saw allows you to enjoy great cordless convenience while providing you with more power.
- Size: 5/8″
- Material: Multi
- Power Source: Battery-powered
- Voltage: 18 volts
- Weight: 6.3 pounds
- Dimension: 8.9 x 15.9 x 10.5 inches
- Great for cutting different types of materials
- It offers faster and accurate cuts
- Helps you enjoy great cordless convenience
- Designed to last for many years
- The saw is comfortable to use
- Has a quality blade that maintains a sharp edge
- Doesn’t come with battery charger
- Doesn’t include a blade wrench
Dewalt is a big brand when it comes to power tools. This model is suitable if you are looking forward to cutting softwood, lumber, plywood and other materials. This circular saw is not only durable but also safe to use. It provides you with a comfortable grip and reduced vibration dampening so you can handle tough and big jobs perfectly.
#4 SKIL 5280-01 15-Amp 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw
If you are a DIY lover, you can make a wide range of items for your home. It could be home repairs of making items like kitchen cabinets, bookcases, and dormers. All these tasks require you to have a reliable tool like the SKIL 5280-01. This budget circular saw is equipped with a wide range of features which makes it convenient to use.
The saw has a powerful 15 amp motor that provides more power to handle tougher jobs. It also features a speed of 5300 rpm to give you faster cuts. It has 7-1/4 inch carbide blade that gives smooth and accurate cuts when handling different materials. The tool is also lightweight so you will not have trouble carrying it to different places.
Another great aspect about this tool is the included dust blower that provides you with a clean environment. You can see the cut line with ease for more accurate cuts. This is one of the safest too that you can get. It has a guarded trigger so you don’t have to worry about accidental starts. The tool also features a single beam laser and an indicator light for accuracy and visibility respectively.
- Power Source: AC
- Horsepower: 2.5
- Weight: 8.7 pounds
- Dimension: 14.2 x 9.8 x 8.5 inches
- Equipped with a convenient dust blower
- The saw is safe and comfortable to use
- Has an indicator light for better visibility
- Powerful motor and more speed
- The tool provides accurate cuts
- Motor is located too low to the show
- Poor depth adjustment lever
Whether you are a DIY hobbyist or a professional, you will enjoy a lot of features and benefits in this circular saw. The saw has a powerful motor and great speed to help you handle any cutting job at hand. This tool also features a laser guide to help you achieve the most accurate cuts.
#5 WORX WORXSAW 4-1/2″ Compact Circular Saw
This is another compact circular saw that you can get with a budget of less than 100 bucks. It is suitable for DIY lovers and the tool is portable so you can carry it with ease. The tool is also lightweight as compared to other 7-1/4 inch circular saws on the market today. It is equipped with a thin blade that makes your work effortless without any strain.
The blade of the tool is located on the left side to provide more line visibility when you are cutting. When it comes to safety, this tool is equipped with an integrated safety trigger that gives you more control and comfort. Working with this tool is easy because it allows a depth adjustment of up to 2 inches. You can also make a precise and variety of cuts to suit your needs.
- Size: 4-1/2″
- Power Source: Corded-electric
- Weight: 4.4 pounds
- Dimension: 15.1 x 4.2 x 5.8 inches
- It is lightweight and compact
- The tool provides one-handed operation
- Offers fast and easy depth adjustment
- Allows you to make a wide range of cuts
- Thin blade offers less strain
- Good for mini projects only
- It is usually troublesome for left-handed people
The whole idea of having a circular saw is to help you make accurate cuts. This is exactly what you get from this circular saw. It is equipped with a parallel guide attachment that helps you achieve straight and precise cuts fast. On top of that, this tool is easy to use and allows you to make a wide range of bevel cuts. It is also lightweight to give better control when working or transporting it.
#6 BLACK+DECKER 20V MAX 5-1/2-Inch Cordless Circular Saw
BLACK+DECKER is another reliable model on the market when it comes to reliable power tools. In their series of the best budget circular saws, the BLACK+DECKER 20V MAX 5-1/2-Inch is a top saw worth mentioning. This tool features a high-torque motor that provides more power to handle various cuts. It also offers bevel adjustment from 45- 90 degrees.
This cordless circular saw features 12T carbide blade that provides accurate and smooth cuts. You can also achieve the best cutting outcome in a wide range of materials. The tool is compact making it easy to use and suitable for everyday use. You will also like the tool-freed depth that helps you make quick adjustments.
- Power Source: Battery
- Measurement System: Metric
- Voltage: 20 volts
- Weight: 7.55 pounds
- Dimension: 14.2 x 8.4 x 9.2 inches
- Can be used on different materials
- Offers easy depth adjustment
- Compact design for ease of use
- It has a powerful motor
- The blade cuts faster and it is suitable for different materials
- Only suitable for light jobs
- Some users find it weak
This is a nice and affordable cordless saw that you can get if you need to make angled cuts. It provides you with a high level of accuracy, smooth and fast cuts. It is also equipped with a blade that cuts fast and it can handle different types of cuts.
#7 PORTER-CABLE 20V MAX 6-1/2-Inch Cordless Circular Saw
Make cutting easier with the PORTER-CABLE cordless circular saw. This is a great tool with a high-quality motor that provides a speed of 4000 rpm. It is equipped with a 6-1/2 carbide tooth blade that offers a cutting capacity of up to 2-1/8. This makes the tool ideal for a wide range of applications.
Working with this tool gives you the comfort that you need. Its contoured overmold handle offers more comfort. Also, the saw is lightweight which minimizes fatigue when you are working for many hours. It is also equipped with a 20V max system which gives you great cordless performance.
- Power Source: Battery-powered
- Voltage: 20 volts
- Weight: 0.16 ounces
- Dimension: 15.2 x 9.6 x 8.4 inches
- It is lightweight
- Suitable for different applications
- Designed with a comfortable handle
- The tool is easy to use
- Provides accurate and clean cuts
- Affordable tool for a homeowner
- Great tool but it wobbles
- The battery life is horrible
Get this tool if you need a model that can handle a wide range of applications because it has a larger cutting capacity. It is ideal for non-traditional cutting jobs because it has beveling shoe that can pivot up to 50 degrees. This circular saw is compact which makes it easy to use without fatigue.
Top 3 Recommended Best Budget Circular Saws under $100
#1 If you are looking for a compact and lightweight circular saw, I would recommend you to get the Rockwell circular saw because weighs 50% lighter as compared to other circular saws.
#2 When it comes to accuracy, performance and excellent cutting ability, the SKIL 5280-01 15-Amp beats many models in this price range. This is a great option for professional homeowners who need a powerful tool that can handle a wide range of projects.
#3 The Milwaukee M18 2630-20 is an amazing cordless circular saw that is tough and provides you with more power. The tool is designed in a way that it handles jobsite drops hence making it durable.
Best Budget Circular Saws Under $100 Buyer’s Guide: The Core Factors to Consider
If you are planning to buy a budget circular saw, there are a few things that you need to remember so that you can end up with the right product. After doing extensive research, I shortlisted some of the factors to consider while intending to purchase one.
Portability and Lightweight
Despite the small sizes of circular saws that make them easily transported anywhere you go. I am aware we are all after portable products. It is better to look forward to purchasing powerful, small-sized and easy to carry circular saws.
Capacity and Blade Size
Most of the circular saws have a variety of blade sizes. It all depends on the shape and diameter of the blades. Look for a standardized size that you can adjust the blade easily. Before you purchase any item or circular saw at the market, it is indispensable to view the capacity of the saw as well as the wood thickness. It is crucial to make sure that the saw will perform all the tasks it is required to do.
Safety Blade Guard
It’s a routine that you should check on your safety around your working station before starting any work. Remember, prevention is better than cure that is why you are urged to consider purchasing the product with all safety requirements that will suit your needs.
Look for a saw blade guard which runs smoothly. It is desirable to raise the blade protector manually for safety.
Type of Circular Saw Blade
The circular saw has different kinds of blades that are said to be universal. Before you purchase any of this product, consider the diameter and style of the edges. During testing, ensure your saw operates smoothly and provides a sturdy feeling as well as accuracy while cutting.
Speed and Horsepower
Consider purchasing the circular saw that matches the task that you usually perform. For instance, while dealing with long, thick cuts, cease from using cheap and low horsepower machines.
Most of these machines have adjustable blades. You are only supposed to ensure the blades remain in an intact depth position. Also while changing the blades, edges are usually locked sturdily.
All users are after perfect cuts. If you can’t get the machine that offers the best results, you will eventually lead to poor results.
To avoid future expenses, purchase a long-lasting and durable product.
Check the Ergonomics
Most of the products look the same. You will only differentiate them while in use. What I mean is, test the machine at the shop before purchasing it.
Purchase saws that are easily affordable and maintained during services.
How to Use Circular Saws?
Using a circular saw can be tough if it is your first time. If you are a beginner or less skilled in using circular saws, this guide has provided several steps that will enable you to use this machine.
- First of all, take your time to be acquainted with the machines you intend to use.
- Protect yourself by wearing gloves and eye-protecting to keep you safe during work.
- Measure as well as mark your work for the sake of precision since these items are most often used to make cuts.
- Place your material on a saw table or equivalent place.
- Set the blade to the wanted cutting depth by the use of the central lever.
- For you to obtain beveled cuts, adjust or elevate the pivoting scale.
- Make precise and clean cuts by positioning the line over the cut line.
- Pull the trigger using the rear handle to activate the machine’s blade.
- Push the machine smoothly and slowly on the material surface.
- After each cut, you are supposed to stop the blade by releasing the trigger.
- When done using the machine, unplug it.
The above steps aid the user in producing high quality and desirable products.
Best Budget Circular Saws Cutting Techniques and Hidden Tips
After buying your circular saw, you need to familiarize yourself with the working of the tool so that you can get better performance. These tips and techniques will enable the circular saw users to perform their tasks efficiently.
Proper Blade Depth
Avoid setting the blade too deep since it may cause problems. The machine may kickback or bind if the blade is set inappropriately. For safety purposes and efficiency, set the blades properly.
The Blade Depth Should Be Cut Before The Trigger Is Pulled As Well As Cutting
This is determined by unplugging the saw as well as holding alongside your blade protector and board followed by loosening the depth adjusting knob or lever. After all, tighten the knob and lever, then you are ready to perform your task.
Circumvent From Binding
Make sure that the cutoff falls off freely without interference. To avoid splintering while cutting, support and hold the board continuously and evade from clamping.
Plywood Cutting Technique
Support and hold the plywood while cutting to safe the saw from binding and protecting the plywood from splintering.
Evade From Cutting Both Ends Supported Wood
This will save the saw from binding back thus protecting the product from kickback problems.
Handy Rip Guides
It’s easy to use your index finger while marking for narrow rip cuts. This technique is said to be safe as long as you hold the saw before turning it on.
For instance, the saw wanders from the line, you only need to start over. Keep practicing till you will be able to cut along straight lines.
Angle Cut Technique
To start angle cuts you only need to hold the blade protector. When you are about to cut, release the guard slowly to enable it to rest on board.
Rip Cut Trick
To reduce damages while cutting, use nails and tack the board down to sawhorses. This will secure your task and produce better and quality boards.
Cut Heavy Boards in Absence of Sawhorses
It’s simply done by resting the saw on toes and lean it against your shin. This is said to be framing carpenter’s trick.
Safety Tips for Using the Best Budget Circular Saws under $100
Just like other power tools, you need to put safety first. You don’t want to end up with injuries when you are handling your jobs. The following are some important safety tips that you should consider when working with a circular saw.
- Wearing protective clothing while performing the woodwork task.
- Make sure your saw blade is in good working condition.
- For left-handed users, they need to be vigilant and well trained on how to use the saws since are right-handed made.
- Be keen while cutting to avoid losing your fingers.
- Support your workpiece properly during the cutting process.
- Double-check all metals or even nails before your blade comes into contact with.
- Make sure the retracting blade protector works efficiently and correctly.
- Avoid setting the blade in depth.
- Stand at the correct position before you start using the machine since they have an impressive kickback.
- Put on safety glasses as well as a dust mask.
- Replace the blades correctly to avoid other damages.
- Make sure the excess wood falls off in the right position to avoid kickback.
- Familiarize yourself with the parts of the machine and functions of each before use.
- Choose a circular saw blade, it is said to be the best and suits most user’s needs.
Tips To Maintain Your Best Budget Circular Saws under $100
Maintaining your tool well will give you a longer life and accurate cuts. Many people forget about maintain their tools and this compromises the performance and the longevity of the circular saw. Remember these maintenance tips when you are dealing with a circular saw:
- Evade from using the machine from moisture or wet climate conditions since it may cause rusting of blades.
- For the machine to maintain good performance, clean and dry the blades after use. Accumulated materials and other wastes may blunt the blade thus generating increase heat levels through friction.
- While cleaning the machine blades, keep off from using a wire brush. This causes serious damage that may cost you. It is advisable to use a nylon brush or brass.
- It is recommendable to keep off from overheating the machine blades. Overheating causes thermal crack thus leading to tip fragments that at end injure the operator.
- Evade from keeping the circular saw blades on cement surfaces or steel. This is because the places will make the blade blunt by chipping the grind. It is advisable to set the blade down on wood or plastic.
- Use the proper type as well as the equivalent size of the shipping container. This is to make sure that the blades do not rub against each other. You are allowed to use cardboards.
- When purchasing new blades, make sure that the blades are accordingly shipped to enhance transportation.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
Q. What Should One Do If His Or Her Circular Saw Is Going Backward Instead Of Forward?
A. You may have attached the blade opposite or your circular saw has a button that changes the direction.
Q. Which Direction Is Quite Efficient For Loosening The Bolts While Replacing The Blades?
A. By turning bolt clockwise to tighten and turning it anticlockwise to loosen.
Q. How Does One Change The Blade Of The Saw?
A. By opening the nut in the anticlockwise direction, remove the old blade and replace it with the new one.
Q. What Should The User Do Before He Or She Starts Cutting With The Circular Saw?
A. Wear protective clothing, use appropriate hearing equipment, familiarize yourself with the saw and check the item and blade for proper rotation.
Q. What Should The User Avoid During The Cutting Process Using The Machine?
A. Avoid too much tightening the blade using nuts, avoid forcing the saw while cutting, avoid overreaching, as well as avoid using the unsafe machine.
The above are some of the best budget circular saws under 100 that I recommend. I selected high-quality tools from top brands and they all offer sufficient power to help you handle your projects perfectly. These circular saws are also durable and they are easy to use. I hope after going through the above top 7 best circular saw guide and reviews, it will be easy for you to determine which saw meets your cutting requirements.
Table of Contents