Construction workers and woodworking individuals are exposed to numerous risks, including injuries and effects on the eyes. Construction and woodworking consist of different jobs. It is advisable always to wear the right protective gear to avoid any implications that come with handling different tools and machinery.
Safety glasses are essential to woodworking and construction works as they are designed to protect your eyes from possible hazards. Such hazards can be caused by dirt and fine particles, flying metal parts, and chirped wood pieces. Below, we have compiled a list of the best safety glasses for woodworking and the best safety glasses for the construction workers.
5 Best Safety Glasses for Woodworking – Comparison of Our Favorites
|Top||JORESTECH Eyewear Protective Safety Glasses, Polycarbonate Impact Resistant Lens Pack of 12 (Smoke)||JORESTECH||PrimeEligible||Buy Now|
|Top||DEWALT DPG94-GLC Dominator Safety Glasses, Gradient Lens||DEWALT||Prime||Buy Now|
|3M Safety Glasses, Virtua CCS Protective Eyewear 11872, Removable Foam Gasket, Clear Anti-Fog Lenses, Corded Ear Plug Control System (2 Pack)||3M||PrimeEligible||Buy Now|
|NoCry Safety Glasses with Clear Anti Fog Scratch Resistant Wrap-Around Lenses and No-Slip Grips, UV Protection. Adjustable, Black & Green Frames||NoCry||PrimeEligible||Buy Now|
|Howard Leight by Honeywell Genesis Sharp-Shooter Shooting Glasses, Clear Lens (R-03570)||Howard Leight||PrimeEligible||Buy Now|
Top 10 Best Safety Glasses For Woodworking and Construction Workers
After an extensive research and analysis, we were able to come up with a list of quality safety glasses that are suitable for woodworking and construction workers. Go through these reviews of the best safety glasses for woodworking and construction workers to find which one is suitable for you.
1. DEWALT DPG94-1C Dominator Safety Glasses Clear Lens
The dominator features an integrated rubber nosepiece designed to offer comfort. Most importantly, it allows the user to wear it for longer periods. What’s more impressive is that it can protect you from up 99.9% of those harmful UV rays. If you want safety glasses that meet ANSI Z87.1+ standards, then the DEWALT dominator has got you.
While these safety glasses are comfortable, they also offer a non-slip fit, thanks to the rubber-tipped temples. Additionally, the glasses are equipped with a full-frame and a large clear lens to provide the user with better coverage and a clear view of their work.
- Rubber tipped temples provide a non-slip comfortable fit
- Full frame with larger lens provides excellent coverage
- Integrated rubber nosepiece for longer, comfortable wear
- Protects against 99. 9-Percent harmful UV rays
- Meets ANSI Z87. 1+ standards
PROS AND CONS IN A WHILE:
- No worries about the glasses slipping off the face
- The lens are large and clear for proper view
- Offer comfortable fit and longer wear
- Protect from up to 99.9% of harmful particles
- They are lightweight and offer a modern style
- The frame is small for workers with a larger head
The dominator is an excellent choice if you are looking for safety glasses of high quality. They also offer great value for money as they are durable and offer a comfortable fit for longer wear time.
2. NoCry safety glasses
Nocry safety glasses boost a comfortable fit, which most users applaud. They are so comfortable that you can wear them all and even forget about them as you work. Ideal for woodworking and construction work, metal, and even carpentry work. It is made to be extremely protective and prevent your eyes from any peripheral threats and harmful UV light.
The glasses are fog, scratch, and even glare resistant. It comes with clear and double-coated lenses that protect you from fogging and any other optical issues that offer you the best vision as you work. You will love the Nocry guarantee, which will offer you cashback or a replacement if you have issues with these glasses.
- DESIGNED TO BE PROTECTIVE AND BUILT TO LAST - The NoCry Safety Glasses keep your eyes safe from direct and peripheral threats with a strong and durable polycarbonate wraparound construction. Also protects eyes from 90-100% of harmful UV radiation
- CUSTOMIZABLE FOR ULTIMATE FIT AND COMFORT - Side and nose pieces adjust to give you a perfect fit without the slipping - no matter the face type or head size
- FOG, GLARE, AND SCRATCH RESISTANT FOR BETTER VISIBILITY - Double coated, untinted lenses mean no fogging up or optical distortion so you can see better at all times
- IDEAL FOR WORK AND PLAY - Ideal for woodworking and carpentry, metal and construction work, lab and dental work, shooting, cycling, racquetball, or anywhere you need to wear PPE eyewear
- BACKED BY THE NOCRY GUARANTEE - NoCry stands behind every item we make. If there’s an issue with your glasses, we’ll make it right by replacing them or giving your money b
PROS AND CONS IN A WHILE:
- Backed by Nocry guarantee
- They are adjustable to offer a comfortable fit
- The safety glasses protect the eyes from high impact peripheral threats
- Ideal for various types of work
- Double coated and clear lenses for better visibility
- They eventually still fog up
For a comfortable fit and better protection, you can give these glasses a try. They are great for any kind of job, and with them, you get better visibility. They are up to 30% fog-free and will only fog up for those that work hard.
3. 3M 11872-00000-20 Protective Eyewear safety glasses
3M are industrial safety glasses that will defend you from dust and other particles that are dangerous to the eyes. They feature a foam gasket with extra cushioning to ensure that your eyes are not exposed to dust and continue providing you with comfort. These glasses also feature a wraparound design for extended eye protection and clear coverage.
3M safety glasses also feature a corded earplug control system to ensure that the glasses and earplugs are attached together. It has polycarbonate lenses, which will absorb 99.9 percent of UVA as well as UVB. The glasses have anti-coat lenses, which make them ideal for humid environments.
- One size fits most
- ANSI Z87.1-2015, CSA Z94.3
- UV Protection - 99.9%
- Lens Marking - Z87+
- Wraparound design provides extended eye protection and unobstructed view
PROS AND CONS IN A WHILE:
- Ideal for industrial use
- Anti-fog coated lenses
- Wraparound design for extended eye protection
- Feature a corded earplug system
- Cushioned foam gasket to protect from dust
- They still fog up at some point
3M safety glasses are decent eye protection glasses that boost all features you need at a construction and woodworking place. They have an anti-fog coating, which helps to keep fog away at some point in humid environments.
4. Howard Leight by Honeywell genesis sharp-shooter shooting glasses
These safety glasses are specially engineered to offer the best comfort and high impact protection. It comes with UV extreme anti-fog coating on the lens and a ventilation channel. These help to reduce fog as well as moisture that may get into on the lens. With these glasses, you can work indoors or even outdoors.
What’s more impressive is the perfect seal they provide around the eyes to offer you full and the best coverage while protecting your eyes from external elements. This eye gear is equipped with multi-material technology to provide durable safety glasses, which are also scratch-resistant. Get the best fit when you utilize the adjustable temple length.
- 9-base wraparound uni-lens style offers maximum protective coverage and superior peripheral vision; soft, elastomer browguard diffuses impact while providing comfort at all key points
- Uvextreme anti-fog lens coating offers superior performance in extreme conditions and won’t wear off after repeated cleanings; ventilation channel between frame & lens controls fog in eye socket area
- Soft, adjustable nose piece fingers conform to almost any nasal passage; adjustable temple length and lens inclination for customized fit
- Clear lens is suitable for most indoor and outdoor shooting environments
- Meets ANSI Z87.1-2010 (High Impact) and is certified to the requirements of the CSA Z94.3 standard; Meets Military V0 ballistic impact test requirements (7x higher than ANSI); 99.9% UV protect
PROS AND CONS IN A WHILE:
- Come with an adjustable nosepiece
- Lens are coated with UV extreme anti-fog for maximum performance
- Ideal for indoor and outdoor work
- Have a lens inclination and adjustable temple length
- Some users claim they scratch easily
While a few users claimed they scratch easily, several people are impressed with their quality. It is a great choice if you are looking for something that will offer you a comfortable fit. The glasses are adjustable through the temple length, nosepiece and you can even incline the lens.
5. Trust optics safety sunglasses
Trust optics safety glasses are high-quality eyewear that will protect you as you work with different tools, machinery, and even materials. It will provide protection against UVA and UVB as well as other high impact threats to the eyes. If you are looking for the best safety glasses for machining, then these can be a great choice.
They will offer you with a comfortable fit along with the temples and even the nosepiece. To wear them, you only need to pull the temples carefully apart and place then place them securely on your face. It is lightweight and come at an affordable price.
- Potential eye hazards may exist in the workplace, at home, or during recreational activities. Metal or wood splinters when using power tools, blunt force trauma during yard work, and chemical splash when cleaning, are some of the thousands of scenarios that could cause a significant negative impact on overall, long-term eye health.
- Common uses for these glasses include but are not limited to industrial safety, dental industry, carpentry, arts and crafts, laboratory, painting, sports, boating, landscaping, construction, education, manufacturing, fishing, among others. From the garage, to the shooting range, to the lumber yard, JORESTECH Safety Glasses have you covered!
- ANSI Z87+ Certified
- UV (UVA and UVB radiation) protection
- High transparency polycarbonate high impact lenses with scratch-resistant coating and hi-flex frame for reduced used fatigue and improved ho
PROS AND CONS IN A WHILE:
- Offer great visibility
- Protect the eyes from harmful threats
- Offer a comfortable fit
- Maintenance is easy
- They are not very durable
Trust Optics are great safety glasses that you can use while handling different machinery and tools. They are great value for money, and they will offer you with clear coverage. However, if you want something that will last for a very long time, try other options.
6. Ergodyne skullerz Odin polarized safety sunglasses
Skullerz Odin comes with polarized premium coating, which will eliminate glare from water, shiny surfaces, snow, and even flat surfaces. It also help to minimize dust from entering the eyes thanks to the well-designed foam gasket insert.
Furthermore, the glasses are comfortable, and offer a rubber nosepiece. They also feature rubber temples to secure the glasses on your face and prevent them from slipping off or even stop sweat from forming as you work. Its frame is flexible and durable therefore, you don’t have to worry about breaking them.
- IMPACT RESISTANT - Meets ANSI Z87.1+, CSA Z94.3 + and MIL-PRF 32432 Ballistic Impact
- ANTI-SCRATCH + UV PROTECTION - Scratch-resistant lens blocks 99.9% of harmful UV rays
- DURABLE BLADE FRAME - Durable nylon blade-style frame bends and flexes without breaking
- NON-SLIP DESIGN - Rubber nose piece and rubber temples keep the glasses secure and resist sweat
- TEMPLE ACCESSORY SLOT - For adding accessories while improving airflow
- POLARIZED LENS AVAILABLE - Select lens colors are available with polarized technologies to reduce glare and eye fatigue
- ANTI-FOG AVAILABLE - Select lens colors are available with permanent FOG-OFF treatment for clear vision at all ti
PROS AND CONS IN A WHILE:
- Prevent glare from snow, flat surfaces, and water
- Protect the eyes from dust entering
- Comfortable fit
- Non-slip and prevent sweat from foaming
- Durable and have a flexible frame
- The nose piece tends to fall off
- When sweating, nosepiece digs into the skin
It is among the best safety glasses for dust since they stop dust from entering the eyes, thanks to the foam gasket insert. The glasses are scratch-resistant, and they offer protection from extreme UV light. However, it has minor issues mostly on the nosepiece since they tend to fall off.
7. ToolFreak spoggles safety glasses
Wouldn’t you love safety glasses that you can use for both work and other outdoor activities? The ToolFreak spoggles safety glasses will offer you that and more. It is unique and versatile as well as compared to other glasses on this list.
It has feature clear lenses to ensure you get better vision throughout without causing other complications. The glasses are a state of the art safety glasses made from some of the highest quality materials to deliver durable eyewear to you. They are stylish and boost all of the safety glasses feature that you would need.
- UNIQUE PROTECTIVE EYEWEAR: By combining together the best features of protective glasses and safety goggles, spoggles are the most unique and versatile piece of protective eyewear youve ever used!
- SUITABLE FOR MULTIPLE USES: Besides being a staple of professional and industrial protective eyewear, these safety spoggles have dozens of other uses. You can, for example, use them in sports and outdoor activities to keep the wind and flying debris out of your eyes!
- IMPECCABLE STYLE: ToolFreak spoggles are much more than a simple piece of safety eyewear. With such a stylish design, they can easily be used as a fashion accessory, especially in alternative style urban outfits!
- HIGH CLARITY CLEAR LENSES: The spoggles feature high quality lenses with maximum transparency, to ensure that your vision will remain perfect and LIFETIME DISTORTION FREE
- WARRANTY INCLUDED. If we dont meet your expectations or you have an issue we are happy to help- When it comes to our protective eyewear, we make a point of using nothing but premium quality materials, as well as state of the art production processes and strict quality control! Our motivation is to provide you with products that you will love . If however you dont feel satisfied with something please get in touch we are happy to help make your experience a positive o
PROS AND CONS IN A WHILE:
- Boost versatility
- Come with a full accessory pack
- Extremely protective
- Clear lenses for better coverage
- They are not fog-resistant
- Easily scratch
You don’t need to invest in other safety glasses when participating in sports and other outdoor activities when you have these. It is very clear and offer a comfortable fit for anyone. The only downside is that they don’t offer anti-fog features, so you have to look at options for that feature.
8. Uvex skyper blue light blocking computer glasses
The orange lenses on these glasses come with spectrum control technology. It is designed to control up to 98% of the blue light displayed by gadgets like computers, laptops, and tablets. The glasses are ideal for preventing eye fatigue so you can continue with work comfortably.
The glasses feature a duo flex adjustable length temple, which is also cushioned to prevent it from digging into your skin. The lenses feature up to 3 position inclination systems to allow you to view your screen from different heights and positions without straining your neck. You can also change the lenses easily and quickly without spending much.
- Orange Lens features Spectrum Control Technology (SCT) to absorb 98%+ of blue light emitted from laptops, computers, iPads etc.
- Result is additional screen contrast with sharpened details, which improves focus, reduces eye fatigue and helps inhibit vision problems like cataracts and age-related macular degeneration
- 3-Position ratcheting lens inclination system and patented, adjustable-length Duoflex comfort cushioned temples for optimal screen viewing; molded-in nose bridge for long-wearing comfort
- Wrap-around uni-lens design with integral side shields offers exceptional clarity; Uvextreme anti-fog coating; easy and economical lens replacement system
- Meets the ANSI Z87+ standard and is certified to the requirements of the CSA Z94.3 standard; made in the U.S
PROS AND CONS IN A WHILE:
- Come with up to three viewing angles
- Adjustable duo flex temples
- Minimizes eye fatigue
- Protects eyes from blue light from gadgets
- Easy to replace the lenses
- Don’t work well in a more muted color scheme
- They are a bit bulky
If you are working in a place where you are always viewing a computer, laptop, or even a tablet, then these safety glasses might be a great choice. It will protect from the blue light that comes out of those gadgets, and you can even wear them when playing video games.
9. Gateway safety 6980 cover2 safety glasses
For extra comfort, these safety glasses come with adjustable length temples providing a fit for all face sizes. With their contemporary style, you will have a more attractive design that stands out from the traditional designs.
What is more impressive about these sets of safety glasses is that you can wear them over prescription glasses. This will give you better vision, especially if you can’t do without your prescription glasses. The flexible temple tips will reduce the pinching irritation behind your head, common with most safety glasses.
- One-piece polycarbonate lens fits over most prescription glasses
- Lightweight design, with adjustable length temples for a customized fit
- Flexible temple tips minimize pinching behind the head
- Meets ANSI Z87.1+ and CSA Z94.3 impact standards
- Ideal for indoor and general purpose applicati
PROS AND CONS IN A WHILE:
- Fit over prescription glasses
- Ideal for use indoors and outdoors
- Adjustable length temples
- Meets ANSI Z87-1 standards
- Contemporary lightweight design
- They tend to scratch easily
If you can’t do without your prescription glasses, then these safety glasses might be the ones for you. They will offer you with eye protection while you keep those that aid your vision at the same time. With proper care, you can prevent the scratching.
10. Pyramex mini Ztek safety glasses
Pyramex safety glasses come with a soft nosepiece that will not dig into your skin. Furthermore, they have rubber non-slip temple tips that are non-binding to provide the user with a comfortable fit. When it comes to durability, these glasses boost scratch-resistant polycarbonate lenses to offer you UVA, UVB, and UVC protection as well as protection from high impact particles.
The strong wraparound lens are designed to offer full panoramic view to the user. The safety glasses are proven to exceed the ANSI/ISEA Z87-1 2010 high impact standards. Meaning they are more protective and guarantee total safety when using them.
- Designed for smaller facial structures; wrap-around single lens provides full panoramic view
- Soft, non-slip rubber temple tips provide non-binding fit
- Lenses are coated for superior scratch resistance
- Lenses provide 99% protection against harmful UV rays
- Exceeds ANSI/ISEA Z87.1 2010 High Impact Requirements
- Sport type: Hunt
PROS AND CONS IN A WHILE:
- Tough wrap-around single lens
- Flexible adjustable temple length
- Soft nosepiece for comfort
- They are expensive
It is lightweight and ideal for light-duty tasks. The glasses are a little overpriced, but they are worth the investment. It is also scratch-resistant and offer all the eye protection that safety glasses are supposed to offer.
Types of Safety Glasses
So, what are the different types of safety glasses? A lot of people keep asking that question, and the answerer is there are several types of safety glasses out there. Below, we will look at a few of the commonly used construction work and woodworking.
- Superior anti-fog glasses
- Bifocal glasses
- Hybrid glasses
- Safety sunglasses
- Small frame glasses
- Welding glasses
- Anti-fog safety glasses
- Overprescription glasses
- Shooting glasses
- Metal frame glasses
- LED lighted safety glasses
- Scratch-resistant glasses
- Mirror safety glasses
Things to Consider When Buying Best Safety Glasses for Construction & Woodworking
How do I choose safety glasses? For many construction and woodworkers, they have often found themselves asking that question. If you are among the many, below we will show you how to select the right safety glasses.
Determine the safety hazards at the workplace
Knowing the risks that you are likely to face at the site can help you choose the right safety glasses. Find out if you will be facing a lot of UV radiation, liquids, and chemicals, dust, machinery among others. Doing a survey will ensure you get safety glasses with the right lenses.
Consider your options
There are many different options when it comes to safety glasses. Do you want those with lens coatings, stylish design, comfortable fit, tinted lenses, and other options. Considering these options allows you to select glasses that are right for your needs.
Consider those that are ANSI Z87-1 certified
Most people ask themselves this question, how do I know if my glasses prescription is safety rated? Well, you can tell if the glasses you are to buy are ANSI Z87-1 certified. The certification will indicate that the safety glasses protect you from non-ionizing radiation, impact from dust and debris, and even liquid splashes.
Reasons to wear safety glasses
So, when should I wear safety glasses? Safety glasses should always be worn whenever you are at your workplace. Regardless of the job you do, as long as it poses a risk of exposing you to harmful elements that can affect your eyes, then you should always wear your glasses before you begin work.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
Q: What are the best safety glasses?
A: The best would be those that meet ANSI Z87-1 standards. They should also offer you the best protection against any eye hazards, depending on your workplace conditions.
Q: What do safety glasses protect you from?
A: It protects the eyes from high impact elements such as dust, dirt and debris, flying metal particles, and UV radiation. They are designed to protect your eyes from harm.
Q: Why are safety glasses important?
A: It is important because they offer eye protection at all times. It will keep your eyes from being affected by external elements.
Q: Do You need safety glasses if you wear glasses?
A: Yes, you do. Normal glasses are not designed to offer protection against certain elements such as dust or even UV radiation. Safety glasses are specially made to keep the eyes safe while working, which normal glasses won’t do.
Q: How do I stop my safety glasses from fogging up?
A: You can use anti-fog wipes, gels, and even sprays to help you prevent and, at times, eliminate your safety glasses from fogging. Use them whenever you are going to use the glasses.
Eye injuries are common in construction and woodworking sites. Therefore, workers should wear safety glasses to protect themselves from these injuries. We have made your work easier by providing top reviews of the best safety glasses for woodworking and construction workers. I hope you will make comparisons and choose the right safety glasses that suit your needs.
You May Also Like:
- Best Budget Wet Tile Saws Under $300 for the Money – Top Picks, Reviews & Guide
- Best Electric Pole Saw of 2020 – Top Picks, Reviews & Guide
- Best Budget Circular Saws under $100 of 2020 – Reviews & Guide