The band saw is a saw that uses a constant band of metal or other material to cut through the material.
The band saw blades come in various widths, and the width of the blade you need depends on the size of the band saw and the type of material you will be cutting.
The 80-inch band saw blades for metal cutting is a specialized blade with teeth specifically designed to cut through metal.
These blades are thicker and tougher than standard blades, and they can be used to cut through various metals, including steel, aluminum, and brass.
For metal, a blade width of 80 inches is a good size.
This article will thoroughly review the top 5 best 80-inch band saw blades for metal cutting.
Top 5 Best 80-Inch Band Saw Blades for Metal Cutting
1. BOSCH BS80-6H 80-Inch X 1/2-Inch X 6-Tpi Heavy Duty Stationary Band Saw Blade
- For heavy-duty applications in wood
- Premium materials resist heat buildup for long life
- Optimized tooth geometry for best performance
- Lengths fit most common band saw sizes
- Made from premium grade steel
BOSCH BS80-6H 80-Inch X 1/2-Inch X 6-Tpi Heavy Duty Stationary Band Saw Blade is a great product. It is 80 inches long, 1/2 inch wide, and has 6 teeth per inch.
This blade is perfect for heavy-duty use and can handle various materials. It is also made with high-quality materials to last a long time.
- Cuts through metal quickly and easily
- Stays sharp for a long time
- Easy to install
- Not the best choice for smaller projects
2. POWERTEC Band Saw Blades 13197 80″ x 3/8″ x 24 TPI
- Includes: 80 inch band saw blade (one piece) – suitable for most 80” long, 3/8” wide, 0. 014” thick, band saw blades
- Quality: the band saw blade is made from premium, high grade carbon steel with heat resistance and weld
- Design: This precision cutting tool is constructed with an optimal geometric tooth arrangement that provides seamless cutting results at high performance speeds
- Application: flexible carbon hard edge blade works perfectly with hard and soft woods, plastic, and plus non-ferrous metals
- Teeth specs: 24TPI blade has a raker set/ Regular teeth prof
POWERTEC Band Saw Blades 13197 80″ x 3/8″ x 24 TPI are designed to deliver a high-quality, smooth and accurate cut.
Constructed of premium quality materials, these blades are precision engineered to provide long-lasting performance.
They are ideal for various applications, including framing, roofing, and siding.
- Made of high-quality materials to withstand a lot of wear and tear
- Offer precision-cut so that they can create clean and accurate cuts
- Durable and long-lasting
- Not the best option for beginners
3. AYAO (2 Blades Pack) 80 Inch X 3/8 Inch X 6TPI Wood Bandsaw Blades
- Fit 12 Craftsman Band Saw Made of prime quality carbon steel
- Wood and general purpose cutting
- Unique welding technique :strong and smoother welding point
- Thinner blades for longer life
- Raker set teeth arrangement, all teeth arranged evenly for better cutting performance
AYAO (2 Blades Pack) 80 Inch X 3/8 Inch X 6TPI Wood Bandsaw Blades are made of premium quality materials, ensuring high wear resistance and long cutting life.
The blades are precision-ground with 6 teeth per inch, making them ideal for cutting various woods.
They are also flexible, making them easy to maneuver curves and bends. The blades are also easy to install, making them perfect for any project.
- Blades are sharp and cut through wood quickly
- Affordable price
- Comes with two blades
- Not as durable as other brands of blades
4. Olson Saw FB23280DB 1/2 by 0.025 by 80-Inch HEFB Band 4 TPI Skip Saw Blade
- For hard or soft wood, plastic, mild steel and non-ferrous metal
- Length 80″ fits all Sears Craftsman 12″ vertical, stationary, floor standing 2-wheel band saws (except 22412 and 22400).
- These are heavy duty, durable, commercial grade band saw blades for industrial, woodworking, DIY and professional craftsmen
- Item Package Dimension: 10.25 L x 10.875 W x 1.0 H
- 80 long x 1/2 wide x 0.025 4 TPI Skip Tooth Band Saw Blade
This Olson Saw FB23280DB 1/2 by 0.025 by 80-Inch HEFB Band 4 TPI Skip Saw Blade is a precision-crafted tool perfect for making precise cuts.
The blade has a skip tooth design that allows it to easily glide through wood, making it ideal for woodworking projects.
It also has a hardened edge that helps it stay sharp for longer, ensuring smooth, accurate cuts every time.
The blade has a 0.025-inch thickness and measures 80 inches in length. It has four teeth per inch and is ideal for cutting wood, plastic, and metal.
- Cuts through wood quickly and easily
- Precision cuts
- Low cost
- May not be suitable for all types of wood
5. Imachinist 80” x 1/2” x 14/18TPI S80121418 Variable Teeth Bi-Metal Band Saw Blades for Soft Ferrous Metal
- Bi-metal type, HSS M42 grade, 80 long, 1/2 wide, 0.025 thick, 14/18TPI
- Perfect for cutting soft metal only
- 14/18TPI is suitable for cutting thin pipe tube profiles etc, do not cut any non-ferrous metal like aluminum etc.
- 14/18TPI is variable teeth profile, big teeth distance is 1.8mm per teeth, small teeth distance is 1.4mm per teeth
- Suits all bandsaws which use 80 long, 1/2 wide bandsaw blade
Imachinist 80” x 1/2” x 14/18TPI S80121418 Variable Teeth Bi-Metal Band Saw Blades are designed for soft ferrous metal.
The variable teeth bi-metal band saw blade offers a smooth and fast cutting performance.
If you’re looking for a blade that can handle soft ferrous metals, the Imachinist S80121418 80” x 1/2” x 14/18TPI Variable Teeth Bi-Metal Band Saw Blades is a great option.
It offers a wide variety of teeth, making it perfect for a range of materials, and it’s made from durable bi-metal, meaning it can stand up to even the toughest jobs.
- Cuts through soft ferrous metal quickly and easily
- Variable teeth allow for a variety of cuts
- Bi-metal construction ensures durability
- 14/18TPI ensures a clean, precise cut
- May not be suitable for harder metals
Factor to Consider When Buying A 80-Inch Band Saw Blades for Metal Cutting
When looking to buy a band saw blade for cutting metal, a few factors to consider.
The most important factor is the width of the blade. Most blades are available in 14, 18, 24, 32, and 44 inches widths.
The next most important factor is the type of metal the blade is designed to cut.
There are blades designed to cut ferrous metals (steel, iron), non-ferrous metals (aluminium, brass), and alloys (copper, bronze).
It is also important to match the width of the blade to the width of the throat of the bandsaw.
The throat is the distance from the bandsaw blade to the back of the saw table. If the blade is too wide for the throat, it will not cut through the metal.
Finally, there are also blades designed for different cuts, such as straight cuts, miters, and curves.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Q. How Thick Of Metal Can A Band Saw Cut?
A. For woodworking and carpentry professionals, a bandsaw is an excellent tool for cutting metal, but it is important to use the right blade and be careful.
A bandsaw can cut through various materials, but the thickness of metal it can cut depends on the size of the blade and the power of the saw.
Most band saw blades are around 1/8 of an inch thick, so they can cut through metal that is thick or less.
If you have a more powerful saw, you may cut through thicker metal, but it is important to use the right blade for the job.
Q. How Do You Know If A Bandsaw Blade Is For Metal?
A. There are a few ways to determine if a bandsaw blade is meant for cutting metal. The easiest way to determine if a blade is meant for cutting metal is to look at the blade itself.
Additionally, the body of a metal-cutting blade is typically wider than a blade meant for cutting wood.
Another way to determine if a blade is meant for cutting metal is to look at the blade’s packaging.
Many blade manufacturers will print on the packaging whether the blade is meant for cutting metal.
Finally, if you are unsure if a blade is meant for cutting metal, you can test the blade by cutting a piece of metal with it.
If the blade can easily cut through the metal, it is likely meant for cutting metal.
The 80-inch band saw blades are typically made from high-quality carbon steel, which ensures that it can handle even the toughest metal materials.
These blades are also coated with a special anti-rust coating, which helps to protect it from corrosion and extend its life.
An 80-inch band saw blade is the perfect tool for metal-cutting projects of all sizes. Whether you’re cutting a few pieces of metal tubing or a large metal sheet, the 80-inch band saw blades is up to the task.
You May Also Interested to Read:
1. 5 Best Benchtop Band Saws Under $500, $300, And $200 – Reviews And Buying Guide
2. Top 3+ Best Wet Dry Vacuum For Hardwood Floors – Reviews and Buying Guide
3. 11+ Best Orbital Sander For Wood, Furniture, Deck, and Metal Sanding – Reviews And Buying Guide
4. 13+ Best Tools For Cutting Tree Branches For Lawn Care and Tree Services Professional
5. 15+ Best Table Saw Safety Devices, Guards, Tools, and Accessories